Am I Living a Spiritual Life? Questions and Answers for Those Who Pray
You can have a richer spiritual life!
If you’re ready to take the next step on the path of spiritual progress, these pages will provide you with the solid, faithful direction you need to develop a rich spiritual life, deepen it through regular prayer, and model it humbly in your relationships with others.
From these short, accessible chapters, you’ll learn how to identify the greatest challenges you face as you seek to live a spiritual life, and you’ll discover sound, proven strategies you can use to overcome each one of those challenges.
Am I Living a Spiritual Life? will also show you:
- How to hear and follow God’s special call for you
- How to find silence amid the world’s noise
- How to combat loneliness, listlessness, fatigue, and fear
- How to make your spiritual life bear fruit in your family and community
- How to balance your active life with your prayer life
- The right way to use Scripture, spiritual reading, and meditation
- How your own temperament affects your spiritual life
- The secret to maintaining spiritual peace when life’s in turmoil
- How to pray even when you’re tired and discouraged
- How to sort out seemingly conflicting calls from God
- Simple ways to practice mortification
- How to tell if you need a spiritual director (and how to find a good one)
Plus: much more to help you live a proper spiritual life!
Spiritual life is communion with God through prayer, and loving reflection on him. When that proves difficult, turn to the wise counsel found in these pages. No longer will you wonder if you’re living a spiritual life, for your soul will soon be soaring upward to God and dwelling in happy contemplation.
Adrian van Kaam and Susan Muto